Saturday, December 1, 2012

Faux or fun?

It's no secret that I love animals. I'm a vegetarian and a pretty big animal rights activist. One of the animals I love most, are deer. I think they are one of the worlds most beautiful animals. That being said, I grew up in the south, so deer are more "targets" than anything here (which I 100% do not believe in). Every house in my family have at least 3 or 4 deer heads hanging on the walls (all of which they shot, killed and had stuffed themselves). My question is: could having a deer head hanging on the wall always be a total bad thing? I always see deer heads on beautiful mounts at antique stores. Meaning, most likely, someone killed it more than 50 years ago. Does that make it right, or would it be more humain to stick to beautiful fake animal heads?


need link




Now for a less controversial take on the mounted deer head:





Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment